This is practice is ancient, rooted in Chinese medicine. Jade roller is a handheld massaging tool that you roll across your face in a sweeping motion. Jade rollers can reduce fine-lines, firm skin, decrease inflammation and increase circulation.
Your lymphatic system is apart of your immune system. Lymph fluid is fluid that contains infection-fighting white blood cells and works its way throughout the tissue and all over the body. The lymph vessels attract toxins like bacteria and damaged cells. Fluid tends to accumulate in the tissues of the face and around the eyes. Jade roller works this fluid back into the system and reduces swelling.
The jade stone stands for longevity and eternal youth. It is a great stone for facial treatments. This stone has anti-aging effects. Jadestone has all the properties that you need to feel refreshed young and clean.
Jade Rolling helps:
-Reduce eye bags
-Relax facial muscles
-Fights signs of aging
Watch the video as I show you how to preform this beauty practice.
- Use your jade roller in the morning after you moisturize
- Keep your jade roller in the fridge
-Watch the video on how to properly perform jade rolling.
Check out my shop to purchase a jade roller just like mine! www.yogawithserena.com/shop.html
Don't you just hate waking up in the morning feeling sluggish and heavy? I know I do. In an effort not to feel like this ill poor me a cup of tea and splash water on my face. I found something better than all of that. Ayurvedic Garshana also called Dry Brushing.
This summer I took up this ancient practice. I am a Kapha girl and this is must-do during the summer. Garshana is an ayurvedic dry massaged that refreshes and stimulates the skin, lymphatic system, enhances blood circulation, and releases accumulated toxins. Not only does the practice give you great health benefits it also gives you soft silky skin.
I incorporate dry brushing into my routine before each shower. Dry brushing is energizing so its best done in the morning before you shower. You can use raw silk gloves, soft sponge or a dry brush. that gently removes dead layers of skin. If you use a brush make sure the bristles are all-natural.
This is how you do it!
1. Brush your entire body except for face and heart. Brush gently! We brush towards the heart cakra
2. Start by brushing from the bottom of your feet up the front of the legs.
3. When you get to your belly. Brush in a U motion from the belly button.
4. Then brush the palms moving up towards the shoulders.
5. When you get to the shoulders stop. Begin brushing underneath your ears down toward the shoulders. Don't brush your heart cakra.
6. If you are a girl do your brests gently moving towards the heart.
7. Back of the body: Start from the back of the ankles move up the back of the legs stop at the tail bone.
8. Brush from the sacrum out towards the right and the left of the side body.
9. Move to the back of the hands and up the arms. stop at the shoulders.
10. Brush the back of the neck with downward strokes. Brush out from the spine towards the side of the body as you move down the back. Stop at the sacrum.
11. Good! Now you are done! Shower!
This takes about 5 minutes and is so easy to incorporate in your routine. Try it out and let me know how you like it!
Natural salt isn’t only apart of my daily diet. Salt is also apart of my daily ritual. Adding natural salt to your diet is beneficial. Natural salt helps hydration because our body needs an easy balance of sodium and potassium. Salt helps promote good vascular health, balances electrolytes and prevents muscle cramping. Salt supports our nervous system, prompts relaxation, and improves sleep.
Salt was used since ancient times in different cultures as a disinfectant, item of exchange, seasoning, and in ceremonial offerings. We are all constantly giving our energy to others. For example, taking care of others, holding space for others, giving to others and evening communicating with others. We are always giving our energy away. Salt replaces lost energy, re-energizes and cleanses your energy body/aura. Part of my daily ritual is rubbing my whole body down with salt. I typically do this before bed. I keep a container of Epson salt in my shower. At shower time I rub salt on every inch of my body, rinse off, then use my regular soap.
After my shower, I feel squeaky clean, re-energized and renewed. Salt contains skin friendly minerals such as magnesium, calcium, and potassium. Salt absorbs the toxins in the body and on the skin. Rubbing down with salt also exfoliates skin. If you want to try this, it doesn’t matter what kind of salt you use as long as it's natural. Next time your shower adds some salt to your routine and experience the benefits yourself.
Electrolyte Drink Recipe
- 4 Cups of warm water
- Juice of 1 lemon or 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of honey