Its Aries season! Aries is the first sign in the zodiac. They are a cardinal fire sign. Which means they are going to start the fire, and they are going to come up with the ideas. They show us all the wonderful possibilities and opportunities that the universe gives us and they have no problem getting the ideas off the ground. They are quick. They don't get their feet stuck in the mud. Aries inspires us to move energy and get our dreams off the ground. Aries are good at planning ahead. They think everything out. If you are not an Aries use some Arien energy and plan ahead. Work on creating a map of how you will reach your goals and dreams.
Aires is ruled by Mars. Mars is the planet of war. Aries are warriors. We all have something to learn from an Aries. We all battle. Aries understand the concept of war rather this is external war or internal war. Aries battle internally of this overwhelming need to be the first to act, and their stubborn sense of they own opinion of being right but the challenge is they are usually right. ALWAYS RIGHT. LITERALLY. Aries learn to be patient, rather than be impulsive. Listen to what people have to say because you can learn something. I know you Aries don't like to be told what to do, but listen. Aries are confident in what they have to say, and other people wish they could be as confident as you. Aries, offer the gift of confidence to others they need it. Teach people how to gain access to their own mental strenth, by putting other people first and let someone else lead. They are learning too. They might have a really good idea, it might take them a while, but it doesn't mean it's not more thought out or better. You will benefit from others as others will benefit from you. Listen and take everything in. It will make you feel accomplished.
When I’m in need of an energy boost I kick off my shoes and walk in the grass. Walking barefoot outside grounds you physically, mentally and emotionally. This is how I connect with the earth. Next time you are feeling anxious or need a pick me up. Take off your shoes walk in the grass and take a breath. I promise you, you'll feel better!
Natural salt isn’t only apart of my daily diet. Salt is also apart of my daily ritual. Adding natural salt to your diet is beneficial. Natural salt helps hydration because our body needs an easy balance of sodium and potassium. Salt helps promote good vascular health, balances electrolytes and prevents muscle cramping. Salt supports our nervous system, prompts relaxation, and improves sleep.
Salt was used since ancient times in different cultures as a disinfectant, item of exchange, seasoning, and in ceremonial offerings. We are all constantly giving our energy to others. For example, taking care of others, holding space for others, giving to others and evening communicating with others. We are always giving our energy away. Salt replaces lost energy, re-energizes and cleanses your energy body/aura. Part of my daily ritual is rubbing my whole body down with salt. I typically do this before bed. I keep a container of Epson salt in my shower. At shower time I rub salt on every inch of my body, rinse off, then use my regular soap. After my shower, I feel squeaky clean, re-energized and renewed. Salt contains skin friendly minerals such as magnesium, calcium, and potassium. Salt absorbs the toxins in the body and on the skin. Rubbing down with salt also exfoliates skin. If you want to try this, it doesn’t matter what kind of salt you use as long as it's natural. Next time your shower adds some salt to your routine and experience the benefits yourself.
Electrolyte Drink Recipe
- 4 Cups of warm water
- Juice of 1 lemon or 1/4 cup of lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of honey
Once you break routine it can be tough to get back on track, especially with yoga. It can be difficult to make it to a yoga class every day. Have you thought about developing a home yoga practice? Here is some advice to help you develop a home yoga practice.
1) Find a time to practice- Look at your daily schedule. Dedicate a specific time of day to a yoga or meditation practice. Even if you practice 10 minutes or 1 hour. You should practice at this same time each day without disruptions. Same time, helps you develop discipline and routine.
2) Find a spot to practice- Find a spot in your home to practice. The spot that you chose should be a place where you are not easily disturbed. You do not have to have a “Yoga Room”. Your practice space can be in the hallway, in your room, or in the kitchen. Your space does not need to be special. Your practice is what’s special. Use this same spot each time you practice.
Same time & same place! This is important for developing a routine.
3) Invest in practice journal- I recommend investing in a practice journal that is only used in your practice. Journaling is a very important part of my yoga practice. Sometimes before I practice I journal about my thoughts, day or dreams as a way to eliminate mental distractions that prevent me from being present. After journaling, I begin my practice. Directly after my practice, I journal about my practice experience. Journaling brings clarity, helps process emotions, understand experiences, shows progress and adds depth to your practice.
4) What to practice- Create a list of intentions or goals that you’d like to manifest or achieve in your daily practice. I recommend scheduling a private lesson with your yoga instructor. She/he can help you create a safe and unique daily practice that helps you achieve your personal goals. You can then meet with your instructor regularly to build or change this practice. Personally, I work with the exact same asana/meditation practice until I master the practice or no longer benefit from the practice. One practice can be used for months.
5) Start practicing.
What tips do you have?
The sun moved out of Aquarius on February 18, 2019. It’s Pisces season. Everybody on the planet will attune themselves on the Pisces wavelength. This season is gentle, where you can learn to go with the flow, tune into your creative side, listen to your intuition and expand your horizons, achieve your dreams and release fear.
If you’re Pisces like me, check in with yourself. Are you swimming in the direction of your dreams or are you swimming in the direction of fear? Fear is an illusion of the mind that comes in many forms. Pisces start a meditation practice or yoga practice to help you recognize and release these fears. Interact with others, don’t keep dreams hidden nor keep yourself hidden from the world. Release fear and swim towards your light and truth.
Us Pisceans know there is much more to this world then what we can see with human sight, and you have to share your knowledge and ideas. We are creative, imaginative souls, with tons of ideas, dreams and spiritual information. We teach others how to delve into their creative gifts, use their imagination, as a way to explore their feelings, and release strong emotions.
This Pisces season everyone may feel more “in tune” with the masses. Learn to slow down so you can hear your inner wisdom. As Pisces, our intuition may feel stronger than normal. Pisces follow what your inner guides are telling you and trust yourself. With February’s Full moon in Virgo, pay closer attention to detail this will help you see the “bigger picture”. Sometimes we are so “go with the flow” we forget to defend and guard our vulnerability. Be discerning about who you decide to help. Set up boundaries for yourself and don’t let people take advantage of you. Don’t take on more you can handle. This will help you navigate to what your heart truly wants. Also, help you confidently and successfully expand your horizons.
Pieces learn to turn dreams into reality and merge your dreams with the material world. If you haven’t work on creating a step by step, detailed plan to achieve your dreams, now is the time. Put your dreams into motion. With a little work and effort, your dreams will turn into reality. We are dreamers sometimes the real world can be scary. If you go out into the world there are people who will dream with you, create with you, learn from you and support. There will be days where we are in the dark and days we are in the light. No matter how difficult a situation is, Pisces you will always land on your feet. Listen to your guides, trust yourself, go with your flow and know everything will work out the way its supposed too.
I feel as if I was born into this world with loads of information to share. This is where I share personal experiences, yoga advice, yoga philosophy, lifestyle, poems, astrology articles and more.